Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Arts, Crafts & a No Homework Pass

Are you looking for a Snowman Craft? Here's one that my class enjoyed from Art Projects for Kids. It didn't take to long to prepare and my students really enjoyed it. It required white paper, masking tape, and watercolor paints.


I'm so thrilled to have started an Art Club! Several of our teachers have launched Lunch Clubs at our school in order to provide new learning experiences for our students. Each teacher chose to lead a club that would interest different students and keep them occupied during the lunch hour. Yes, lunch HOUR. We have an entire hour lunch, which can be problematic for those students who desperately need the structure that comes from being in a classroom. The clubs are 1 to 2 days a week and last 30 minutes. Each teacher chose the grade levels and number of students they would allow to participate.

I have been dying to teach more art. Our kiddos just don't get enough art instruction in class. So, I decided I would focus on water coloring projects. Mrs.Brown's Art Class is usually my go-to resource for grade specific art lessons. You should check it out if you're looking for art lessons. Click {HERE} to visit her site. So far we have only done the Picasso painting, which was difficult for students to really understand. They looked at me crazy (yes, you know the faces) when I showed them the examples and said their eyes didn't have to be on their face. So, I think I'll try something a little more simple the next time I meet with my second and third graders. I'm sorry, but I don't have any pictures because our first few meetings have been a little crazy.

So, Valentine's Day is getting closer! I absolutely love all the reds, pinks, hearts, and major cuteness that comes along with Valentine's Day. You might have seen these adorable No Homework Passes that I plan to give my students (on IG).  My kiddos will attach them to their homework with a paper clip. Well, they're finally up for FREE for my Facebook Fans! All you have to do is <Like> my page.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment