Saturday, June 7, 2014

Five for Friday on Saturday

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share my last week of school. It was truly bittersweet as I said goodbye, packed up my room, and turned off the lights. 
The end of this week was so hard as I packed up my room and prepared to say goodbye to my school. I'm staying in my district, but will be moving across town to a new school. I've taught the same grade in the same classroom for the past 4 years. It was so hard to tell my former students goodbye. My school has been my second home and the people there have become my family. 
Katie & Carrie on Wacky Wednesday.
We love dressing up at my school. So of course, we had dress-up days for the last week of school. I forgot to take pictures some of the days. Oops! I'm terrible about taking photos. I did get a few here and there. 

My teacher BFF Carrie and i decided to dress up for Wacky Wednesday at the last minute. Thanks to our friend Katie, who talked us into joining her. Holy Cow! When Carrie showed up we knew she'd won! Mismatched shoes, helmet and men's shorts?! No one could top that! 
I worked on my End of the Year slide show all week and finished it just in time for the last day, I love how it turned out. It was my first time using iMovie. I sort of had to play with the program and there were a few moments when I didn't know what I had pressed and was freaking out trying to get back to a previous screen. 

I'm used to Powerpoint, but i loved being able to easily edit/add music. Perhaps, I'll work on getting a basic tutorial up. I love sharing techie tips.
 

Friday was our last day and we spent some of our time sharing our Memory Books with each other. My students really wanted to share them whole-class, but we only had time for a few. Our last day is always a minimum day and time sure flies.
We also played some fun Minute-to-Win It games. My kiddos were pumped when I announced we'd be playing GIRLS VS. BOYS. They were chanting and cheering. It was such a fun way to spend our last day together. I plan to make this a tradition. I found some fun and easy ideas at Craftibilities & Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits

The last day was one of the hardest days as it really hit me that I wouldn't be returning. It was the worst having some of my former kiddos saying "Don't go!" and one sobbing in my arms at the end of the day. I hope i'm able to visit during lunch some time (we do have an hour). I hope to keep in touch, but also make connections with the students and staff at my new school. 

Well friends, enjoy the rest of your weekend. I think I'm ready to stop boo-hooing and start enjoying my summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment