Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Currently in July

I'm kind of on the late show here, but it's only July 3rd and I really wanted to link up with Farley! I spotted her linky parties multiple times on Pinterest before launching my blog, so I'm SUPER excited to be able to link up. I can not believe July is here. Ugh! I'm not ready! This means I've been out of school for almost 4 weeks! Where'd those days go?


Kathy Lee and Hoda....those 2 gals are so silly! Don't tell them, but their drinking sometimes scares me. 

It's extremely important to have a working AC here in central California because this heat is just ABSURD! The projected high is 110! I did run some errands yesterday, but am definitely staying in today. 

I love summer time because that means I have time to hang out with my AMAZING husband (I promise you'll hear more about how fabulous he is in the future)! We've been breaking out the board games. We brought over a lot of his childhood games when we moved into our home. Yes, he still has his old board games (and ninja turtles and action figures and books and ... you know how that goes). Anyways, I'd never played Uno. So he taught me how to play Disney Uno. I think it's time we buy some new grown up versions of these board games. 

I won a Calendar Notebook from Smiling in Second Grade!! It's a 2-for-1 kind of deal (calendar & notebook)! Yeay! It's one of the MANY items I had on my Wishlist. I'm hoping to print it and put it together this weekend. I can't wait to share more about it once it's put together.

I'm supposed to be reading Reading for Meaning (Debbie Miller). I chose this book for professional development purposes, but I'm also receiving course credit for it. Of course, I have to read the book in order to write a paper about it. Unfortunately, I set it down last week and haven't had any desire to pick it back up. 

My tip: Always make sure to leave thoughtful or meaningful feedback. This goes for blogging and TpT. 
TpT: I think it's important to leave feedback that may be helpful to the seller. Is there something they should keep doing? Or something that may have been even more helpful it were changed or added? 
Blogging: I think it's important to make connections with others, the authors and each other. Don't forget to share an opinion or something you found relatable. Okay, I hope that didn't come across as a lecture. It's really about connecting with others. ^_^

Well, I'm off for now. Happy hump day!

12 comments:

  1. My mom loves Kathy Lee and Hoda! She is always telling me what they're doing. I need to finish a couple books I've started too! Good luck with your paper! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found your blog through Farley's Currently! I can't believe it's so hot where you are! Geesh! I am in Louisiana and it's about 92 and I thought that was hot! Love what you said about Kathy Lee and Hoda - couldn't agree more! Happily following you! Have a great 4th!
    Brittney
    www.teacherinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has definitely started getting hot in North Texas as well! We were at 104 a couple days last week - thankfully there was a cold front this week and we were in the 80s. I can't imagine how hot it will get where you are if it is already 110, good luck! BTW, I totally agree with leaving comments on TPT with things you liked or constructive criticism. Even on one of my free items that has been downloaded quite a bit I only have one review which is a little frustrating at times! Happy 4th!

    Bryce
    Second Grade Stampede

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Found your cute blog via Farley's Currently! Let me know what you think about your calendar/notebook. I'll be a first-year teacher this fall and I'm always looking for good organization tools! (:

    Melissa
    seebeanteach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, glad to see someone else is enjoying their hubby this summer! I feel like I barely see my guy during the school year!

    Have a happy 4th of July!

    Christina
    cowanscaterpillars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol! My husband and I LOVE playing board games! Our favourite is Monopoly and card games. Then came our boys and now all we play are Candyland, Pop the Pig, etc... Its good bc now our time is spent together as a a family but I cherished those moments with my hubby! Enjoy your summer as I too, realized that it's July and school will be here before you know it!!!

    Leslie
    First Grade and Flip Flops

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you found me, so I could find your super cute blog!! Reading with Meaning is such a great book, but I can understand NOT wanting to read it right now over summer. I'm nose deep in grad school work and just wish I could walk away from it all. :) And I love your Monday Made Its - I have GOT to get that chevron washi tape...must have. I've never heard of the sealer or matte though...what do they do??
    Happy to be following you!! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So the matte is great if you need to adhere paper you've applied to a surface. I've used it to attach scrapbook paper to a clipboard. The sealer is supposed to "seal" it. It's fun! You'll want to Mod Podge EVERYTHING if you get it.

      Carol

      Delete
  8. Found you through 24/7 Teacher's give-away. I just started blogging a week ago and love your tips, tricks & hints suggestion. Reading with Meaning is a really great book. I use it as a reference a lot! Stop by my blog sometime. Teaching with Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there Carol! I nominated you for the Leibster Award!!!

    Check it out on my blog!

    24/7 Teacher: Amy Harrod

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carol! I just found your blog through Amy's nomination! :) What an adorable blog. Love the polka dots- they just make me happy. My husband and I LOVE playing games! We sort of got on a Rummikub kick a while ago- that's a fun one. :) I'm your newest follower! I'd love you to stop over to my blog if you get a chance! :)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am with you on summer flying by...I cannot believe a month is already gone! We love games in my house too. We try to have a family game night with my parents and siblings and their families about once a month. I am your newest follower. :)
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete